It is very common nowadays to see everywhere people who suffer from obesity
Obesity is a health problem that is increasingly seen more often. It is common for people to suddenly gain a few pounds more, however, it is important to recognize when a weight gain is becoming obese.
WHAT IS OBESITY?
It is known as obesity to the disease which consists of an excessive accumulation of adipose tissue, also known as fat. It is currently estimated that there are more than 640 million obese people worldwide.
Obesity is already considered a global epidemic, since it affects a large number of people and its numbers have been increasing since 1980.
Obesity is dangerous because it usually aggravates certain serious diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular complications and even some types of cancer, for example gastrointestinal.
There are different types of obesity. Here's what they are:
Abdominal or android obesity. This type of obesity occurs when excess fat accumulates in the abdomen, chest and face. In some cases, this type of obesity is often associated with diabetes and heart disease.
- Peripheral obesity. It consists of accumulating excess fat in hips and thighs. This type of obesity is usually the most common in women and in some cases is related to varicose veins and knee osteoarthritis.
-Obesity homogeneous. It occurs when fat does not tend to accumulate in a specific area, but it is distributed in different parts of the body.
WHAT CAN CAUSE OBESITY?
Obesity can be caused by a number of factors. Here's what we can tell you:
-Lack of physical exercise. One of the most common causes. When a person does not have the habit of exercising frequently, all the food and calories that he consumes, end up being stored in his body, which causes that in a long time it becomes body fat, making the process of losing it more difficult.
- Biological or genetic factors. People with close relatives who are obese are more likely to get this disease at some point in their life.
- Socioeconomic factors. The amount of income an individual receives also has a certain influence on his physical condition. A person who has sufficient resources, enrolls in a gym, joins a sports club, eats at places of healthy food, etc. On the other hand, a person without many resources is likely to prefer to invest their money in something that is more economical.
- Endocrine diseases. If someone has a thyroid disease, such as hypercorticism or hypothyroidism, you have a high risk of becoming obese. The thyroid ends up causing a maladjustment in the body.
-Consumption of medications. Some medications are considered as factors that can trigger obesity. These medications may be some antidepressants, contraceptives or steroids.
-Nervous system. Some people who suffer from some psychological problems may end up developing a mismatch in their central nervous system. Said system alters the mechanisms of satiety, making the person continue to consume food, even if it is already satisfied.
Chromosomes. Some cases of obesity are associated with defects in chromosomes, such as those with Turner syndrome or Down syndrome.
WHAT PROBLEMS DO OBESITY CAUSE?
Obesity is known to trigger a large series of health complications. Some of these complications are very serious and require medical attention to be able to be monitored to avoid a critical situation.
-High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Elevated glucose and even diabetes.
- Cardiac complications.
- Gallstones and liver problems.
- Problems in the bones and joints.
It is important to emphasize that it is important to know in time if someone is obese, since prevention is often key in all diseases. For this, there are several ways in which someone can determine if you are obese or not. Some of them are:
1.-Body mass index (BMI). If a person's BMI is greater than 40, it is considered a high-risk obesity. This amount is obtained using weight and height.
2.-Waist measurement. Women with a waist greater than 89 cm and men with waist greater than 102 cm are more likely to develop heart disease or type II diabetes.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?
Currently, there are various methods that can incorporate a person into your life to lose weight and thus not put your health at risk.
- Change of habits. In most cases, people end up being obese because of the lifestyle they lead: bad eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, high levels of alcohol and tobacco, among others. It is essential to recognize when we lead a lifestyle that is only hurting our health and see which aspects are the ones that we must modify.
-Incorporate healthier foods. From time to time, it is advisable to evaluate our diet to determine what we must change to bring more nutrients to our diet.
Remember that obesity can be prevented in most cases, so we ask you to be aware of your weight and try to pay more attention to what you eat. Do not forget to balance your meals and try to exercise even 3 times a week.
Ask at our offices what Synergy O2 products can help you control your weight.